Women’s Equality Day is observed every year on August 26 to celebrate the passage of the 19th Amendment in the United States of America that provides voting rights to the women. This amendment was first introduced in 1878. Later, the US Congress designated August 26 as Women’s Equality Day.
Now, it has become an international celebration and women across the world celebrate this day as an equality day. In India, various institutions organises debates, competitions, get-together etc. to celebrate this day. This day calls attention to women’s continuing efforts toward full equality.
On the occasion of Women’s Equality Day on 26th August, 2020, CFSI film CHOO LENGE AKASHwas screened for infotainment of children at the following NGOs/Organisations, while taking all necessary steps to prevent the spread of Covid19.
- Government Children’s Home, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Manav Sansadhan Sanskriti Vikas Parishad, District Surguja, Chhattisgarh.
- Manav Sansadhan Sanskriti Vikas Parishad, District Korea, Chhattisgarh.
- Rays-Aasha Ki Ek Kiran, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Shanti Niketan Balika Grih Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Anvita Specialized Girl Child Home, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Nirmal Shishu Bhavan, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Sushil Balak Grih, District Janjgir Champa, Chhattisgarh.
- Srout, Korba District, Chhattisgarh
- Sumati Samudaik Vikas Sanstha. Korba District, Chhattisgarh.
- Unnayak Sewa Samiti, District Raigarh, Chhattisgarh
Sonu, a hardworking student, is a leader among her circle of friends despite her handicap caused by a polio attack. She meets a wise, old nomadic shepherd who instills in her mind the idea that every mountain is meant to be crossed. Hence, despite her handicap, she harbours a secret longing to climb a mountain. Once when the villagers accuse Gagan, the village prankster who is always at odds with Sonu, she proves his innocence. Moved by this act, Gagan asks what he can do to repay her. Sonu tells him of her secret desire and Gagan promises to help. But does Sonu have it in her to cross the mountain of her own disability?