Teachers’ Day in India is celebrated on 5 September every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan – First Vice President of India and the Second President of India and an educationist at heart. While globally, Teachers’ Day is celebrated on 5th October; in India, we celebrate it on 5th September from 1962 onwards.
On the occasion of ‘Teacher’s Day’ on 5th September, CFSI film MASTERJI a story based on expertise of teacher at guiding the kids in the right direction was screened at multiple locations for the infotainment of children at the following NGOs/Organisations, while taking all necessary steps to prevent the spread of Covid19.
Animation song ‘Vaishnav Jan To’ based on Mahatma Gandhiji and CFSI film ‘The Story of Kachrapur’ made by Little Director on ‘Cleanliness’ were also screened before screening of film ‘Masterji’.
1. Govt.Home Boy’s Kalyanpur Kanpur Nagar, UP
2. Fulkumari Bapuji Club, Dhubri, Assam.
3. Mrinaljyoti Rehabilitation Centre, Dibrugarh, Assam
4. Anvita Specialized Girl Child Home Varanasi, U.P.
5. Hope Home Charitable Trust (Girls Home) Varanasi, U.P.
6. Shanti Niketan Balika Grih Varanasi, U.P
7. Navjeevan Children’s Home, District Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh
8. Narayanchandra Trust, Palghar District, Maharashtra.
9. Bal Grih Shishu (Asian Sahyog Sanstha India), Varanasi, U.P.
10. Jalpaiguri Mahila Kalyan Sangha, West Bengal
11. Jeevodaya Society, Itarsi, Madhya Pradesh
12. Snehachhaya CCI, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal.
Synopsis of film MASTERJI –
Three orphaned children get drawn to a retired school teacher due to his love and affection towards them. Inspired by him, they try to turn their lives around and make a living by selling toys while Masterji educates them. In a competition the work of the three children is seen and honoured for being the most skilled. Masterji’s skill at guiding the kids in the right direction is also recognized and he is asked to teach in his old school again.